The objective of the project is to boost the transformation of Uganda towards an inclusive green economy by enhancing the sustainability and competitiveness of a key sector for the country, as it is the Tourism Sector. The action aims:
- To elaborate a practical guide with the Best Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) Practices for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of the Tourist Accommodation Sector in Uganda and to implement Best SCP Practices in representative companies.
- To elaborate a practical guide for the implementation of Environmental Management System (EMS) ISO 14001 in the MSMEs of the Tourist Accommodation Sector in Uganda and to implement EMS ISO 14001 in representative companies.
- To support MSMEs of the Tourist Sector on an ecolabelling scheme implementation.
- To foster sustainable consumption by consumer awareness raising campaigns.
- To enable policy environments for SCP.
- To link MSMEs to financial institutions.